Thank you for following little me as I go about each day on my adventures!



Wednesday, June 24, 2009

a work in progress


That's what my house is, a work in progress.
Unfortunately, with a small baby, not much progress.
It seems to take me forever to get anything done - I think that is the single hardest thing to accept with my new role as mommy. The sheer number of hours to make a dent in any given project.
Gone are the days where I could apply myself to a task for hours at a time, uninterrupted, till it was done.

I would not change my state for anything - I adore my baby and this adventure I am on - I just wish I could wave a magic wand and have dishes wash themselves, laundry fold and dinner prepare itself!
Notice how I would not use the magic on my many craft projects....I want to do those myself!
Magic is for getting the mundane out of the way - not the creative.
Doing the creative has it's own magic....

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I totally know what you mean - there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!! I hope you're able to have a little sit-down on your beautiful front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'd love a sit down on that porch - unfortunately it's full of boxes again. I swear I will get through this and NEVER AGAIN WILL I HOARD STUFF.
    I swear it.
    Unless, of course, it`s something totally awesome and I have to keep it.....

    ReplyDelete