Thank you for following little me as I go about each day on my adventures!



Sunday, December 6, 2009



Took this photo a couple of weeks ago - It tickled me to see this palm tree growing out of the storm drain on a side street in East L.A.
How does something like this go...unnoticed?
Shouldn't someone take action?
Is this not a structural danger?
I mean, uh...HELLO.... There's a PALM TREE growing out of a STORM DRAIN people!
That can't be good, can it?
These things keep growing don't they? and they get pretty big too.

Once I got over the shock of it, the surreal feeling of seeing this, it made me incredibly happy.

How fantastic!
This palm growing in the most unlikely place, in the most inhospitable conditions.

If this does not teach me to persevere in the face of adversity....well, then, nothing will.

Perhaps I'll make it my mascot.

I'm heading back this week for a quick buying trip and I'm planning on checking in on this fella.

It's a bit of a challenge to think 'winter' and 'Christmas' when I'm in that sunny clime - I find myself dreamily handling the gauze and printed cotton sundresses. Buying for the shops becomes an exercise in restraint some days...

No comments:

Post a Comment