Thank you for following little me as I go about each day on my adventures!



Saturday, March 14, 2009


In keeping with my resolution to simplify and de-clutter my life, I have been trying to start and actually COMPLETE tasks.
Seems simple enough, but for someone of my temperament - it's near impossible.
It's not that I can't complete tasks - I do.
I just have ALLOT of tasks going on. All at the same time.
Knitting projects, sewing projects, painting projects, refinishing, crafting, designing, writing, blah, blah, blah...and the list goes on.

What I am attempting to change is my approach - I will focus on one task at a time and finish it. Completely finish it.
As in, make so many that I won't have to make more for a very long time.
Normally I make a few of something, price and put into the shops. Now, I will make more than we need, exhaust myself and the supplies, and then move on to the next project.
Brilliant, no?

I envision myself emptying my studio, in a beautifully methodical way, of all the half finished projects.

I am giddy with optimism.

It was in this spirit that I began to tackle the boxes and boxes of vintage teacups and silver teapots that have been waiting for their moment in the shops.
I actually like washing dishes and polishing silver - it's one of those lovely satisfying tasks that is so Zen in it's simplicity.
However, one or two is Zen - dozens and dozens - not so much.
As a result, this job just keeps getting moved to the bottom of the list.

Until last night.

A couple of boxes done and a load of gleaming gorgeous teapots just waiting to be shown off in the shop windows.
I even managed to lighten my personal stash of beautiful old teapots - one of which sold today.

I won't lie to you, it hurt to see it go out the door, but it also felt strangely... good.

1 comment: